First of all, I wish you a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate) & a happy & healthy New Year!
In 2018, I like to think I’ve achieved quite a lot in terms of self improvement & managing my chronic illness which I’m really proud of!! I’ve gained weight and gone up a couple dress sizes after feeling very skinny & unhealthy for a LONG time; I’ve attended my first therapy sessions since 2014 (CBT, which I will write a blog post about at some point) which have helped significantly to improve my mental health, plus I have been keeping up with hobbies such as walking, painting & cooking. I also have begun blogging, of course!
However, I feel like I’m still waiting at the starting line for a lot of things (which is totally fine) but I want to try to kick it up a notch next year & focus more on myself & my recovery!
So, here’s my list of resolutions (my most important ones are in bold):
• Make healthier choices every day
• Read more books/listen to more audiobooks (especially self help & cfs related ones!!)
• Meditate every day for at least 5 minutes
• Go out by myself more and learn to enjoy my own company
• Take rest breaks at least 3 times a day
• Transition to a vegetarian diet
• Get into a good sleep routine
• Cook & bake more
• Spend less time in bed during the day whenever I’m able to
• Get to grips with pacing
I’m so determined to put in as much effort as I can to follow these resolutions & become the best version of myself I can be.
See you in the new year!!